Tower Bridge | Team Cigary Takes London

12 Jun 2014

The Tower Bridge, NOTTT the London Bridge, is one of London's most iconic landmarks, and it is for good reason. The Tower Bridge is actually a fully working drawbridge, (or bascule bridge, for you more technical folk) and every day it is trafficked by approximately 40,000 motorists and pedestrians. Hey y'all, not only is she pretty, she's smart too!


I wasss surprised to find out that the color scheme you see today isn't original paint job, that it was revamped with the current red, white and blue combo about 37 years ago for the Queen's Jubilee, but I'm glad they did because I can't imagine seeing it any other way.























9 comments

  1. That bit about the paint job is really cool - I never even though about why it would be painted the colors it is! I love your pictures - they make me feel like I'm in London - where it's not God awful hot like it is here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! I mean, I just do a quick internet search if I don't get a tour guide or something, but apparently it was some sort of green color before...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Next time you're in London, contact me so we can grab drinks! xx

      Delete
  3. The tower is a hard building to photograph, but you made it look easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! Especially tower2.jpg and tower25.jpg :) Seems like you know enough info on the Tower Bridge to start giving free walking tours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! Thank you! Good ol' Wikipedia! :)

    ReplyDelete

© TEAM STARNES. Design: Maira Gall.